This Privacy Notice describes how OpenLight collects and uses Personal Data about you through the use of our Website, and through email, text, and other electronic communications between you and OpenLight.
OpenLight Photonics, Inc. (“OpenLight” or “we” or “us”) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This Privacy Notice (our “Privacy Notice”) describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the websites
https://openlightphotonics.com (the “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on our Website;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Website; and
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by OpenLight or any third-party (including our affiliates, parent organizations, and subsidiaries);
- us or any of our affiliates, parent organizations, or subsidiaries related to your or any other individual’s employment or potential employment with us; or
- any third party (including our affiliates, parent organizations, and subsidiaries), including through any application or content that may be used on, or that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website. By accessing or using this Website, you agree to this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice may change from time to time (see Changes to Our Privacy Notice). Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check this Privacy Notice periodically for updates.
2. Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under the age of 18 and children under the age of 18 are not permitted to use our Website. We will remove any information about a child under the age of 18 if we become aware of it.
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on our Website or on or through any of its features, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information directly from a child under 18, please contact us at the contact information listed below.
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect different types of information about you, including information that may directly identify you, information that is about you but individually does not personally identify you, and information that we combine with our other users. This includes information that we collect directly from you or through automated collection technologies.
Throughout this Privacy Notice, the term “Personal Data” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or device. However, Personal Data does not include any deidentified or aggregated information.
We collect Personal Data from various sources, including:
- directly from you when you provide it to us; and
- automatically as you navigate through the Website.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect the following types of Personal Data directly from you when you access or use our Website: real name, work postal address, work email address, work telephone number, job title, employer name, products or services you are interested in, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline. In addition, we also collect other types of information that you may provide when you fill out a form or through your correspondence with us.
The Personal Data we collect on or through our Website through:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of or requesting more information about our services through the “contact us” link; and
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us through other means.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain Personal Data about your interaction with our Website, including information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns such as:
- details of your visits to our Website. This includes: browsing history, search history, traffic data, general geographic location data (via IP addresses, we do not collect GPS information), logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Website, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access, use, or otherwise interact with on the Website; and
- information about your computer and internet connection, i.e., your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences;
- customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- maintain the security of our Website;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit OpenLight Photonics, Inc., for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
4. How We Use Your Information
We use your Personal Data for various purposes described below, including to:
- provide our Website to you;
- provide you with information you request from us;
- enforce our rights arising from contracts;
- notify you about changes.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data:
- to provide and personalize our Website and it contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to support, develop, troubleshoot, and debug our Website, products, and services;
- to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business, including to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecute those responsible for that activity;
for internal testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, and to develop, improve, or demonstrate our products and services;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our goods and services that may be of interest to you. By providing us your contact information on the Website, you consent to such use. If you no longer want us to use your information in this way, you may let us know at any time by sending contacting us at the contact information below. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
5. Disclosure of Your Information
We do not share, sell, or otherwise disclose your Personal Data for purposes other than those outlined in this Privacy Notice. We disclose your Personal Data to a few third parties, including:
- our subsidiaries and our affiliates;
- our third-party service providers that we use to support our business;
- to a company we merge, acquire, or that buys us, or in the event of change in structure of our company of any form;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to enforce our rights; and
- with your consent.
We do not share, sell, or otherwise disclose your Personal Data for purposes other than those outlined in this Privacy Notice. However, we may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Data that we collect or you provide as described in this Privacy Notice:
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. This includes entities provide IT and infrastructure support services, marketing services, and other similar entities;
- to a potential or actual buyer or other successor in the event of a planned or actual merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of OpenLight’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by OpenLight about our Website’s users is among the assets transferred;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Data:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of OpenLight Photonics, Inc., our customers, or others.
6. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We offer you choices on how you can opt out of our use of tracking technology, and our disclosure of your Personal Data for our advertising to you and other targeted advertising.
We do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties described above in Disclosure of Your Information. When possible, these organizations are under contractual obligations to use this data only for providing the services to us and to maintain this information strictly confidential. These third parties may, however, aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes.
In addition, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Data:
- Marketing Communications from OpenLight. If you do not want us to use your contact information to promote our products and services, you can opt-out at any time by contacting us with your request at the contact information below. Additionally, if we have sent you a promotional email, you may click the unsubscribe link in the body of that email to be omitted from future email distributions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on its website (www.networkadvertising.org) and from members of the Digital Advertising Alliance on its website (www.aboutads.info).
7. Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Personal Data
You may request to access, correct, and delete your Personal Data by contacting us at the contact information below. However, we cannot accommodate a request to change your Personal Data if we believe that such change would either violate a legal obligation or cause the Personal Data to be incorrect.
You may contact us at the contact information below to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Data that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
8. Do Not Track Signals
We may use automated data collection technologies to track you across websites. We currently do not honor do-not-track signals that may be sent by some browsers.
We also may use automated data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. At this time, we do not honor such signals and we do not modify what information we collect or how we use that information based upon whether such a signal is broadcast or received by us.
9. Data Security
Information transmitted over the Internet is not completely secure, but we use reasonable security practices to protect your Personal Data.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures deployed on the Website.
10. Consent to Processing of Personal Data in the United States
We may process your Personal Data outside of your home country, including to the United States. We only do this when we are legally permitted to do so and when we have appropriate safeguards in place to protect your Personal Data.
In order to provide our Website, products, and services to you, we may send and store your Personal Data outside of the country where you reside or are located, including to countries that may not or do not provide an equivalent level of protection for your Personal Data. Your Personal Data may be processed and stored in the United States and United States federal, state, and local governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through the laws of the United States. By using our Website, you represent that you have read and understood the above and hereby consent to the storage and processing of Personal Data outside the country where you reside or are located, including in the United States.
Your Personal Data is transferred by OpenLight to another country only if it is required or permitted under applicable data protection law and provided that there are appropriate safeguards in place to protect your Personal Data. To ensure your Personal Data is treated in accordance with this Privacy Notice when we transfer it to a third party, OpenLight uses Data Protection Agreements or other terms and conditions between OpenLight and all other recipients of your Personal Data when necessary.
11. Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We will post any changes to our Privacy Notice on our Website. If we make material changes to our Privacy Notice, we may notify you of such changes through your contact information and invite you to review (and accept, if necessary) the changes.
We may change this Privacy Notice at any time. It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Privacy Notice on this page with a notice that the Privacy Notice has been updated on the Website’ home page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ Personal Data, we will notify you by email to the email address you have provided and through a notice on the Website’ home page. The date this Privacy Notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this Privacy Notice to check for any changes.
YOUR CONTINUED USE OF OUR WEBSITES FOLLOWING THE POSTING OF CHANGES CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE TO SUCH CHANGES.
12. Contact Information
You may ask questions about this Privacy Notice and our privacy practices by contacting us at the contact information below.
If you have any questions, concerns, complaints, or suggestions regarding our Privacy Notice or the ways in which we collect and use your Personal Data described in this Privacy Notice, have any requests related to your Personal Data pursuant to applicable laws, or otherwise need to contact us, you may contact us at the contact information below or through the “Contact” page on our Website.
OpenLight Photonics, Inc.
6868 Cortona Drive
Goleta, CA 93117